In order to be admitted into any of the three programs offered by the Biblical Women’s Institute, one of the following two processes must be followed:
To register for childcare, please click here to download the BWI Childcare Registration Form. Childcare fees are due at the time of registration.
Need more information?
Please contact the Women's Life Office at (919) 761-2340 or email@example.com.
The Biblical Women's Institute (BWI) is designed for women who are preparing for Christian service in their homes as well as through local churches or other ministry settings. BWI offers non-degree programs comprised of courses that are both practical and personally enriching. All women are invited to enroll. There are no prerequisites to enter the program. A majority of women in the program are seminary wives, but other women are encouraged to take courses as well.
There are 4 levels of certification within the Biblical Women’s Institute (BWI):
- Certificate in Women’s Studies – 9 BWI courses
- Advanced Certificate in Women’s Studies – 12 BWI courses
- Diploma in Women’s Studies – 15 BWI courses
- Certificate in Women's Studies with International Missions- 8 BWI Courses
- Courses are held in 7 week terms on either Tuesday or Thursday evenings. Weekend intensives will span over two Saturdays during the term. Additionally, there is an option to take classes online.
- Term 1 and Term 2 are in the Fall Semester (August – December), and Term 3 and Term 4 are in the Spring Semester (January – May)
- The cost is $25 per course
- Childcare is available on a first-come, first-serve basis at a nominal cost to students whose husbands are in class or working during class time. You will have the opportunity to register children for childcare at the time you register for classes. Children must be re-registered at the start of each term. Registration forms are due no later than one week before the start of each term. In the fall semester, exceptions are made for new students and spaces are held for new students' children. NOTE: Childcare is not available for all classes. Please refer to the registration form for specifics regarding childcare availability.
NOTE: The Certificate in Women's Studies with International Missions will satisfy the International Mission Board (IMB) appointment requirements for wives.
Once you have your student number, you can register for courses and childcare. Download the Class Registration Form or the Childcare Registration Form.
For a full list of current classes, click here.
If you have other questions about the Biblical Woman’s Institute, contact the Women’s Life Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or (919) 761-2340.
Dropping A Class
If you wish to drop a BWI class you must contact the Women's Life Office.