Biblical Women's Institute (BWI)
Women's Life Blog
To learn more about Women's Life & the Biblical Women's Institute, visit our blog at womenslife.sebts.edu
In order to be admitted into any of the four programs offered by the Biblical Women’s Institute, one of the following two processes must be followed:
- New Students, please choose the “APPLY NOW” button to the left of this page to begin the registration process for the Biblical Women’s Institute.
- If you are a returning student in BWI, please follow these instructions to register for classes in the Biblical Women's Institute.
Need More Information?
Please contact the Women's Life Office at (919) 761-2340 or firstname.lastname@example.org
The Biblical Women's Institute (BWI) is designed for women who are preparing for Christian service in their homes as well as through local churches or other ministry settings. BWI offers non-degree programs comprised of courses that are both practical and personally enriching. All women are invited to enroll. There are no prerequisites to enter the program. A majority of women in the program are seminary wives, but other women are encouraged to take courses as well.
There are 4 levels of certification within the Biblical Women’s Institute (BWI):
- Certificate in Women’s Studies – 9 BWI courses
- Advanced Certificate in Women’s Studies – 12 BWI courses
- Diploma in Women’s Studies – 15 BWI courses
- Certificate in Women's Studies with International Missions- 8 BWI Courses
- Courses are held in 7 week terms on either Tuesday or Thursday evenings. Weekend intensives will span over two Saturdays during the term. Additionally, there is an option to take classes online.
- Term 1 and Term 2 are in the Fall Semester (August – December), and Term 3 and Term 4 are in the Spring Semester (January – May)
- The cost is $25 per course
- Childcare is available on a first-come, first-serve basis at a nominal cost to students whose husbands are in class or working during class time. You will have the opportunity to register children for childcare at the time you register for classes. Children must be re-registered at the start of each term. Registration forms are due no later than one week before the start of each term. In the fall semester, exceptions are made for new students and spaces are held for new students' children. NOTE: Childcare is not available for all classes. Please refer to the registration form for specifics regarding childcare availability.
NOTE: The Certificate in Women's Studies with International Missions will satisfy the International Mission Board (IMB) appointment requirements for wives.
Once you have your student number, you can register for courses and childcare.
If you have other questions about the Biblical Woman’s Institute, contact the Women’s Life Office at email@example.com or (919) 761-2340.
Dropping A Class
If you wish to drop a BWI class you must contact the Women's Life Office.