K-12 Education and Administration
K – 12 Education and Administration Our Core Competencies
With our confession in mind, Southeastern’s faculty attempts to develop five Core Competencies in students through a Southeastern education. Every student should seek to develop in…
Spiritual Formation Demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to pursue an authentically Christian way of life, manifested by trust in God, obedience to Christ’s commands, and love of God and neighbor.
Biblical Exposition Demonstrate the ability to properly and effectively interpret, apply, and communicate the Scriptures.
Theological Integration Demonstrate the ability to understand and apply the doctrines of Christianity to life and ministry.
Ministry Preparation Demonstrate the knowledge, skills, and Christian disposition necessary for ministry and leadership in the church and the world.
Critical Thinking and Communication Demonstrate the ability to think critically, argue persuasively, and communicate clearly.
We strive to do all of this while cultivating in students a delight in God, His Word, and His Church.
Many of our Doctor of Education students and graduates have a background in administration and teaching in K-12 education, including both public and private schools.
Our modified residency model includes an afternoon/weekend class schedule has provided full-time teachers and administrators the opportunity to take classes while still teaching or leading in a school setting. The Ed.D. program includes classes that focus on Foundations of Education, Learning Theory, and Teaching Methods. Dr. Coley is a well known author and speaker in the field of Christian education.
Here are a few of our students and alumni below, visit us again and meet some more of our program participants.
- Current Position: Head of School
- Organization Serving: Faith Christian School, North Carolina Wesleyan College
- Higher Education Teaching: Adjunct professor at North Carolina Wesleyan College (Education/Religious Studies)
- Dissertation Title: NAVIGATING CHANGE AND LEADING AN INSTITUTION OF HIGHER EDUCATION: A CASE STUDY OF THE MISSIONAL LEADERSHIP OF A UNIVERSITY PRESIDENT
- Publications: Bunn, C. E. (2011). Faith Required. Christian School Education, 4:4, 21.
“As an Adjunct Professor and Head of School, the Ed.D program was a great resource for professional and practical training. The cohort model created a life changing mentorship between fellow colleagues and SEBTS faculty. The Ed.D program was a defining process for my career and spiritual life!”
- Current Position: Principal
- Organization Serving: Mt. Juliet Christian Academy
- Dissertation Title: THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN THE DUTIES OF FATHERHOOD FROM A BIBLICAL WORLDVIEW WITH MODERN DAY CHRISTIAN FATHERHOOD
“I have spent the last 6 wonderful years attending SEBTS earning my M.Div in Christian Ministry with Biblical Languages in 2009, and my Doctorate in Education in 2012. Both of these programs helped shape my Biblical worldview for living, ministry, and education. By combining my theological training for 3 years with my educational background, I am now in the profession of being a Christian school administrator where I use my knowledge gleaned from these two programs to teach, preach, and lead my staff and students.”