For more information about Financial Aid at Southeastern, please contact us as FinancialAid@sebts.edu or (919) 761-2317.
Director of Financial Aid
Assistant to Student Resources and Financial Aid
Military Affairs Coordinator
Southeastern is honored to assist those who have served or are currently serving our country. Our desire is to facilitate your education and ensure you receive the maximum benefits for which you are entitled. Our staff is authorized to process the following:
- Chapter 33 Post 9/11 GI Bill
- Chapter 30 Montgomery GI Bill: Current/Former Active Duty
- Chapter 1606 MGI Bill: Selected Reserve
- Chapter 1607 MGI Bill: Reserve Educational Assistance Program (REAP)
- Chapter 35 Survivors/Dependants Educational Assistance
- Chapter 31 Vocational Rehabilitation
How to Get Started With VA:
Fill Out the GI Bill Comparison Tool at www.benefits.va.gov/gibill/comparison.
The tool assists a student to:
- Determine your eligibility percentage and then choose resident or online training and your school.
- Choose your status (i.e. veteran, active duty, spouse, child, or reserve/guard)
- It will then tell you the percentage of T&F payable at that school (if it's public) or the max payable (if it's private).
- Calculates the BAH (at full time and considering your eligibility percentage).
- Provides the max book stipend based on your eligibility percentage.
Veterans are encouraged to apply with the VA using their online application. This will allow you to submit your application to the VA electronically for the fastest response. Below are the paper forms that may also be submitted to begin the process:
For specific questions regarding benefits, please contact the VA at 1.888.442.4551, or visit the GI Bill Web Site.
Military Benefits Application Checklist:
- Initial consultation with Military Affairs Coordinator
- Apply for certificate of eligibility on G.I. Bill website
- Send copy of certificate to Military Affairs Coordinator by mail, email or fax
PO Box 1889
Wake Forest, NC 27588
Attention: Student Resources-Military Affairs Coordinator
- Fill out and submit the SEBTS Initial Disclosure Form to the Military Affairs Coordinator
- Fill out and submit the Veteran Class Cetification Form to the Military Affairs Coordinator each semester (if receiving benefits according to Chapter 30 or 1606, verify enrollment monthly)
- Please call the Military Affairs Coordinator for any assistance (919-761-2363)
Qualifying students should contact their Vocational Rehabilitation counselor who will notify Financial Aid of eligibility. Vocational Rehabilitation students must continue to contact Financial Aid each semester that they intend to use their benefits prior to the close of registration.
Southeastern no longer accepts Tuition Assistance (TA) due to newer requirements of external government regulations. This change will not affect GI Bill benefits, which are processed through the Department of Veteran Affairs (VA). For more information on this or other potential financial resources, please contact the Military Affairs Coordinator at 919.761.2363 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- GI Bill website (http://benefits.va.gov/gibill/)
- U.S. Department of Veteran’s Affairs (www.va.gov)
- U.S. archives to request missing service paperwork (www.archives.gov/veterans/military-service-records)
- Disabled American Veterans (www.dav.org)
- BAH calculator (http://www.defensetravel.dod.mil/site/bahCalc.cfm)
- Additional government benefits (www.benefits.gov)
- VA Health Records (www.myhealth.va.gov/index)
- Department of Veterans Affairs (www.va.gov/explore)
- Medicare Supplement Search for Veterans (www.ehealthmedicare.com/medicare-supplement)
- Mental Health Services for Veterans (www.mentalhealth.va.gov/gethelp)
- Guide to PTSD and Addiction (www.lakeviewhealth.com/post-traumatic-stress-disorder-treatment.php)