For more information about Financial Aid at Southeastern, please contact us as FinancialAid@sebts.edu or (919) 761-2317.
Dr. Don Allard
Director of Financial Aid
Assistant to the Director of Financial Aid
Greg Bay, Military Liaison
Southeastern is honored to assist those who have served or are currently serving our country. Our desire is to facilitate your education and ensure you receive the maximum benefits for which you are entitled. Our staff is authorized to process the following:
- North Carolina National Guard Tuition Assistance Program (NCTAP)
- Chapter 33 Post 9/11 GI Bill
- Chapter 30 Montgomery GI Bill: Current/Former Active Duty
- Chapter 1606 MGI Bill: Selected Reserve
- Chapter 1607 MGI Bill: Reserve Educational Assistance Program (REAP)
- Chapter 35 Survivors/Dependants Educational Assistance
- Chapter 31 Vocational Rehabilitation
How to Get Started With VA:
Fill Out the GI Bill Comparison Tool at www.benefits.va.gov/gibill/comparison.
The tool assists a student to:
- Determine your eligibility percentage and then choose resident or online training and your school.
- Choose your status (i.e. veteran, active duty, spouse, child, or reserve/guard)
- It will then tell you the percentage of T&F payable at that school (if it's public) or the max payable (if it's private).
- Calculates the BAH (at full time and considering your eligibility percentage).
- Provides the max book stipend based on your eligibility percentage.
Veterans are encouraged to apply with the VA using their online application. This will allow you to submit your application to the VA electronically for the fastest response. Below are the paper forms that may also be submitted to begin the process:
For specific questions regarding benefits, please contact the VA at 1.888.442.4551, or visit the GI Bill Web Site.
Qualifying students should contact their Vocational Rehabilitation counselor who will notify Financial Aid of eligibility. Vocational Rehabilitation students must continue to contact Financial Aid each semester that they intend to use their benefits prior to the close of registration.
Military Benefits Application Checklist:
- Initial consultation with Military Liaison
- Apply for certificate of eligibility on G.I. Bill website
- Send copy of certificate to Military Liaison by mail, email or fax
PO Box 1889
Wake Forest, NC 27588
Attention: Student Resources-Military Liaison
- Fill out and submit the SEBTS Initial Disclosure Form to the military liaison
- Fill out and submit the Veteran Class Cetification Form to the military liaison each semester (if receiving benefits according to Chapter 30 or 1606, verify enrollment monthly)
- Please call the military liaison for any assistance (919-761-2363)
- GI Bill website (www.gibill.va.gov)
- U.S. Department of Veteran’s Affairs (www.va.gov)
- U.S. archives to request missing service paperwork (www.archives.gov/veterans/military-service-records)
- Disabled American Veterans (www.dav.org)
- BAH calculator (www.defensetravel.dod.mil/site/bahCalc.cfm)
- Additional government benefits (www.benefits.gov)
- VA Health Records (www.myhealth.va.gov/index)
- Department of Veterans Affairs (www.va.gov/explore)
- Medicare Supplement Search for Veterans (www.ehealthmedicare.com/medicare-supplement)
- Mental Health Services for Veterans (www.mentalhealth.va.gov/gethelp)
- Guide to PTSD and Addiction (www.lakeviewhealth.com/post-traumatic-stress-disorder-treatment.php)