Board of Visitors
BOV: Join Today. Celebrate Forever.
“Over the last five years, what I have witnessed is this, the real margin of excellence in sending Great Commission people into both the churches in this country and on foreign missions comes through private giving.”
Mr. Henry Williamson, Trustee and Former BOV President
2013 Meeting Dates/Agenda
Spring Meeting: April 14–16
Fall Meeting: October 13–15
7pm - Worship in Appleby Chapel
8pm - Dessert Fellowship w/ President & Mrs. Akin
8am - Breakfast
8:30 - 11:45 - Reports, Testimonies, Prayer, and Refreshments
noon - lunch
6:30pm - Great Commission Banquet
8:30am - Breakfast with Students being Commissioned
10am - Commissioning Service in Binkley Chapel
11:15am - Lunch
- Making a gift with a very high "multiplier effect." A gift to Southeastern multiplies through 3,000+ students, thousands more graduates, and through ministries ranging from preaching to pregnancy support.
- Invitation to the Spring and Fall Great Commission Banquet
- Immediate access to a committed team of prayer warriors
- Gathering with like-minded believers to pray for students and partner in getting the gospel to the ends of the earth
- Making a gospel-difference and a Kingdom impact that we will not know fully until we behold our Savior.
- Join today. Celebrate forever.
Mr. John Rocovich
- Vice President
Dr. Jim Fulp
Mrs. Brenda Prince
- Members at Large
Mr. Tim Dale
Dr. Hampton Drum
Mr. Ronnie Rountree
Why do you support Southeastern? from Southeastern Seminary on Vimeo.
The Board of Visitors stands at the heart of the Southeastern story. Because of the faithful men and women who partner in the work of training gospel-ready champions for Christ, we are able to keep tuition affordable. As a result, graduates have financial freedom as they heed God's call, and serve Him wherever He leads.
Members of the Board come from all walks of life. The tie that binds the members is a common desire to assist Southeastern as she seeks to glorify the Lord Jesus Christ by equipping students to serve the church and fulfill the Great Commission.
Four Steps to Change the World
The Board of Visitors is fulfilling the Great Commission in four key ways.
1. Gather. Visitors gather on campus in April and October to:
- celebrate the progress of the gospel through Southeastern;
- enjoy a Great Commission Banquet with President Akin, faculty, students, and friends of the seminary
- learn of new initiatives and opportunities at Southeastern; and
- encourage like-minded believers as partners in equipping champions for Christ.
2. Pray. Visitors pray regularly that:
- students would persevere in their studies and that God would meet their financial needs;
- faculty would joyfully serve our students through preparation, teaching, writing, and mentoring and that God would meet their financial needs;
- staff would joyfully serve our students and that God would meet their financial needs;
- God would work through our graduates to bring the gospel to all nations;
- everyone affiliated with Southeastern would remain pure of heart and walk closely with Christ in the fullness and presence of the Holy Spirit; and
- God would take our labor and service in the gospel and do exceedingly more than we could ever hope or imagine - that Christ would be glorified in and through us.
3. Share. Visitors share the Southeastern story with:
- Christians in their circle of influence and invite them to partner with Southeastern through service on the Board of Visitors; and
- Christians who are interested in studying at Southeastern.
4. Send. Visitors help us send out hundreds of well-trained graduates by
- giving generously to support the work of training students ($1,000+/year).
To serve with the Board of Visitors and reach the world for Christ, contact Daniel Palmer, Director of Financial Development, at 919.761.2352 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Highlights from the October Meeting