1. Prayer. Bathe any and every trip in prayer.
2. Make copies of your passport details, insurance policy, visas and credit card numbers. Carry one copy in a separate place to the originals and leave a copy with someone at home.
3. Make sure your passport has at least six months validity and carry additional copies of your passport photo with you in case you need a replacement passport while overseas.
4. Keep your passport and money on your person not in separate or unsecured bag while overseas.
5. Leave a copy of your travel itinerary with someone at home and keep in regular contact with friends and relatives while overseas.
6. Check with health professionals for information on recommended vaccinations or other precautions and find out about overseas laws on traveling with medicines.
7. Google your destination and explore country and cultural facts. You may also want to pick up a travel guide for your destination.
8. Pack smart and light. Check the airline website to know the allowable weight and pieces of luggage. Don't pack more than you can reasonably carry for up to a mile.
9. Don't wear ostentatious jewelry or other conspicuous items. Be discreet with money, credit cards, and electronic items. These things make you an easy target for crime.
10. Be prepared for your body to be out-of-whack and for potential inconveniences. Nothing is guaranteed in overseas travel!
Dates: June 1-7, 2014
Crossover Baltimore is a great mission opportunity for students and churches to evangelize and minister in the Baltimore area. The main event takes place on Saturday, June 7th, but throughout the week before, hundreds of students from various schools will converge on Baltimore for a five-day class and mission experience. You will learn from great professors, hear from local pastors and take part in reaching out to the communities in Baltimore. Best of all, this trip will only cost you transportation and $10!
Event Structure: Monday-Friday
Students can receive 3 hours of credit for free, since the tuition is waived. Your room and board is also cover, and you will receive a meal card to cover your food for the week.
You can register and pay your $10 online or at the CGCS You must provide your own transportation to and from the event.
Click here to see the Seminary syllabus.
Click here to see the College syllabus.
Contact Dayna White for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org or 919-761-2230.