1. Prayer. Bathe any and every trip in prayer.
2. Make copies of your passport details, insurance policy, visas and credit card numbers. Carry one copy in a separate place to the originals and leave a copy with someone at home.
3. Make sure your passport has at least six months validity and carry additional copies of your passport photo with you in case you need a replacement passport while overseas.
4. Keep your passport and money on your person not in separate or unsecured bag while overseas.
5. Leave a copy of your travel itinerary with someone at home and keep in regular contact with friends and relatives while overseas.
6. Check with health professionals for information on recommended vaccinations or other precautions and find out about overseas laws on traveling with medicines.
7. Google your destination and explore country and cultural facts. You may also want to pick up a travel guide for your destination.
8. Pack smart and light. Check the airline website to know the allowable weight and pieces of luggage. Don't pack more than you can reasonably carry for up to a mile.
9. Don't wear ostentatious jewelry or other conspicuous items. Be discreet with money, credit cards, and electronic items. These things make you an easy target for crime.
10. Be prepared for your body to be out-of-whack and for potential inconveniences. Nothing is guaranteed in overseas travel!
Helping students experience the nations through short-term mission trips and seeing them build long-term Gospel relationships is just one of the ways SEBTS is on Mission. Each year the CGCS sponsors several trips designed to offer practical, hands-on experience in the field, and to equip team members for a lifetime of kingdom service. To this end, each mission trip includes coursework, discussion and practicum, and also counts toward your degree. Tuition charges are waived. Southeastern encourages every student and every faculty member to participate in at least one mission trip during their course of studies.
North American Church Planting Trips
Salt Lake City