Biblical Women's Institute
In order to be admitted into any of the three programs offered by the Biblical Women’s Institute, one of the following two processes must be followed:
To register for childcare, please click here to download the BWI Childcare Registration Form. Childcare fees are due at the time of registration.
Need more information?
Please contact the Women's Life Office at (919) 761-2340 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Biblical Women's Institute (BWI) is designed for women who are preparing for Christian service in their homes as well as through local churches or other ministry settings. BWI offers non-degree programs comprised of courses that are both practical and personally enriching. All women are invited to enroll. There are no prerequisites to enter the program. A majority of women in the program are seminary wives, but other women are encouraged to take courses as well.
There are 4 levels of certification within the Biblical Women’s Institute (BWI):
- Certificate in Women’s Studies – 9 BWI courses
- Advanced Certificate in Women’s Studies – 12 BWI courses
- Diploma in Women’s Studies – 15 BWI courses
- Certificate in Women's Studies with International Missions- 8 BWI Courses
- Courses are held in 7 week terms on either Tuesday or Thursday evenings. Beginning Fall 2012, the weekend intensives will span over two Saturdays, rather than a Friday and Saturday
- Term 1 and Term 2 are in the Fall Semester (August – December), and Term 3 and Term 4 are in the Spring Semester (January – May)
- The cost is $25 per course
- Childcare is available on a first-come, first-serve basis at a nominal cost to students whose husbands are in class or working during class time. You will have the opportunity to register children for childcare at the time you register for classes. Children must be re-registered at the start of each term. Registration forms are due no later than one week before the start of each term. In the fall semester, exceptions are made for new students and spaces are held for new students' children. NOTE: Childcare is not available for all classes. Please refer to the registration form for specifics regarding childcare availability.
Once you have your student number, you can register for courses and childcare. Download the Class Registration Form or the Childcare Registration Form.
For a full list of current classes, click here.
If you have other questions about the Biblical Woman’s Institute, contact the Women’s Life Office at email@example.com or (919) 761-2340.
Dropping A Class
If you wish to drop a BWI class you must contact the Women's Life Office.
If you have completed the required courses for your certificate or diploma please contact the Women’s Life Office for more information on Spring Graduation. Spring Awards Chapel will take place Tuesday, May 7th. Please complete the BWI Graduation Application and return it to the Women’s Life Office by Wednesday, April 24th. Questions? Contact Women’s Life at 919.761.2340 or firstname.lastname@example.org.