How to Become a Distance Learning Student
Online Degrees and Certificates
Southeastern offers Distance Learning students two options which are entirely online. Missions Certificate courses may be applied towards future degrees:
For specific questions about Distance Learning, e-mail us at email@example.com
or call 1-866-816-0273.
It's easy! Follow these steps to begin distance learning at Southeastern:
- All individuals wishing to participate in distance learning must first be accepted as students of Southeastern. Students must submit an application to the Admissions Office (firstname.lastname@example.org) 30 days before the first day of class.*
- Upon acceptance, students will receive a letter confirming their acceptance to SEBTS, as well as assigning them a username(student ID#) and password for CampusNet, Southeastern's online academic management system. From CampusNet, current students can access our Student Life department, view academic calendars, register for classes, and stay connected to daily life at Southeastern
- Once access to CampusNet has been granted, all new students should visit the Student Life Tab on the SEBTS home page to register for New Student Orientation.
- New Distance Learning students should contact our offices by email: email@example.com. We will register first-time students for their desired courses, and instruct them on the registration process for all future semesters.
- Next, students should confirm registration by logging into CampusNet with your newly assigned student number and password.
- If students have not previously done so, contact the Financial Aid office (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make sure they have taken advantage of all eligible scholarship opportunities.
- View your account balance in CampusNet by visiting the Self Service section and providing the necessary information.(Account balance will be needed to complete step #8 on this checklist).
- Sign up with FACTS, the web-based tuition management company that handles tuition payment plans for all of our students.
- If there are any payment exceptions (such as church-sponsored tuition, etc), please contact Accounting Services (email@example.com).
*If time shortages do not allow for a student to undergo the normal application process, and need to expedite their acceptance in order to participate in upcoming courses, the one page Distance Learning Special Application (DLSA) provides a convenient solution. The DLSA must be filed within 30 days of the first day of class, and will only allow the student to take classes for one semester while their full application is being processed. NOTE: Completion of a DLSA does not exempt a student from submitting the full application to Southeastern. Full applications should be submitted toward the beginning of the semester to avoid any hindrance to online registration in mid-November and mid-April.