Extension Center Frequently Asked Questions
Where are they? Online Degrees and Certificates
Southeastern offers Distance Learning students a completely online option for students desiring an Associates degree:
Currently students may take classes in Florida, Virginia, South Carolina and North Carolina.
How many hours can I take at an extension center?
Students must complete the equivalent of one year of full time academic study (24 credit hours) at the main campus. Students may take up to 21 credit hours toward any MDiv at any of our extension centers. More hours may be taken at some extension centers. Please contact Distance Learning for more information.
Can I complete an entire degree at an extension center?
Students may complete the entire Master of Arts in Christian Studies at the Tampa Extension Center.
What is the format for Extension Center classes?
Unless specified in CampusNet, classes are being offered in a Hybrid format, meaning students begin each semester with online materials and will spend one weekend of the semester in face-to-face time with the professor at the Extension Center as indicated in the course description in CampusNet. Students continue to complete the class requirements through the duration of the semester. Students who do not attend the face-to-face component of the class will be required to either withdraw or switch to the online section if available (which will include the online service fee of $278 per class).
- Log in to Moodle via CampusNet
- Select the class you are taking
- If you do not have iTunes downloaded on your computer, click on the "iTunes download link" first. If you already have iTunes installed on your computer click on the "Class Lectures in iTunesU" link
- Download lectures.
- View the syllabus for weekly requirements (reading, quizzes, etc).
Please direct questions regarding problems with iTunesU lectures to the IT Help Desk at (919) 761-2277 or email@example.com. Any questions related to course material should be directed to the professor's grader or secretary.
What is the cost for extension center classes?
Tuition for graduate extension center students is $263 per credit hour if you are a member of a participating Southern Baptist Church. Tuition is $525 per credit hour if you are not a member of a participating Southern Baptist Church.
Tuition for undergraduate extension center students is $331 per credit hour if you are a member of a participating Southern Baptist Church. Tuition is $662 per credit hour if you are not a member a participating Southern Baptist Church.
When should I register for classes?
Students may complete online registration when enrollment opens in November for the Spring Semester and in April for the Summer and Fall Semesters.
Students may search classes at our extension centers by following the instructions below:
- Go to CampusNet and click on the "Course Search" link under the "Self-Serivce" tab
- Choose the "Advanced Search" tab
- Select the term from the drop down menu in the "Period" box and select "Extension" from the drop down menu in the "Subtype" box and click the "Search" button for results.
- The section search will display several results.