9 Degrees Are Available to Complete Fully Online
- Master of Divinity
The Master of Divinity is a 81-hour program designed to prepare pastors, missionaries, and other Christian workers for a life of effective Kingdom service. Students receive academic and practical training in areas such as Biblical Studies, Christian history, missions, theology, and applied ministry. We recommend online students pursue the Christian Ministry focus because it provides a large number of elective hours and is designed to afford students flexibility in their degree program.
- Master of Arts (Christian Studies)
The Master of Arts (Christian Studies) is a 38-hour program which provides a graduate level introduction to the theological disciplines. The degree is designed to prepare students for further graduate study or for general educational purposes.
- Master of Arts in Intercultural Studies
The Master of Arts in Intercultural Studies is a 54-hour program offered through the College at Southeastern to prepare students for effective service in a cross-cultural setting.
- Master of Theological Studies
The Master of Theological Studies is a 48-hour program of study and research for international students in a cross-cultural setting who are participating in an approved Global Theological Initiative cohort and have already completed an initial undergraduate degree in theological studies or another approved field as determined by the Program Coordinator and the Registrar. The purpose of the program is to train God-called men and women to be leaders within various international Christian ministries.
- Master of Arts in Church Planting
The Master of Arts in Church Planting is a 36-hour program designed to prepare students for missionary service focusing in church planting. This degree can be earned completely online, along with the field ministry and practicum components. Students must be in an official interviewing and/or deployment relationship with either the North American Mission Board or the International Mission Board in order to participate in this degree. The curriculum requirements of this degree are coordinated with various aspects of the assessment and training process of these denominational sending agencies.
- Bachelor of Arts in Global Studies: The major in Global Studies introduces students to the variety and complexity of cultures around the world. Students are taught to understand people of other cultures, worldviews, and religions and to interact with them winsomely. Those majoring in Global Studies will be well equipped to communicate the gospel in various contexts and prepared for continued studies in seminary or graduate school.
- Bachelor of Arts in Pastoral Ministry: The major in Pastoral Ministry introduces students to the knowledge and skills central to the work of pastors through classes in pastoral ministry, discipleship, counseling, and Bible exposition. The major also provides students opportunity for additional classes in biblical and theological studies beyond those of the Core Curriculum. The program is designed to begin the formation of the student’s life for pastoral ministry, and prepares students for continuing studies in the Master of Divinity, the standard degree for the equipping of pastors.
- Associate of Arts
The Associate of Arts degree is a 66-hour program that provides students with a foundation for theological studies. The program is designed as a two-year college transfer program, and it is ideal to train informed lay leadership in the local church. Students planning to transfer these credits should consult the institution to which they intend to transfer in order to determine admission and transfer requirements.
- Associate of Divinity
The Associate of Divinity is a 60-hour program that prepares students for various Christian ministries through courses in Bible, theology, ministry, and liberal arts. The degree is available for students 30 years of age and older without an undergraduate degree.