Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday:
7a.m. - 10p.m.
Wednesday: 7a.m. - 6p.m.
Friday: 7a.m. - 5p.m.
Saturday: 10a.m. - 5p.m.
During Fall & Spring Semesters, the Library closes for Chapel services on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 10am to 11am.
*Please note that check-out stops 15 minutes before closing
Monday-Thursday: 8am - 5pm
Friday: 8am - 4pm
The Archives is also open by appointment. Please call Bill Youngmark at (919) 761-2329.
Off-campus students have access to every resource a student on the main campus does. Once you are enrolled in class and have paid for your course, you are given a student ID number and are automatically entered into the Library User Database. Your student ID number and card are the keys to accessing Library Services.
Distance Education Students may:
• View account information using your Moodle login information to access the library catalog. On Alcott you will be be able to see what has been checked- out, renew your books, and save your research bibliographies.
• Access many of the full text options in our subscription online databases by logging in through the Library Research Center page on Moodle.
• Visit your local public library. Most will have access to Inter-Library Loan for free or a small fee. This allows you to access thousands of libraries nationwide so that you are not limited to our online or in-house resources.
• Most local universities and colleges will allow students in the community to acquire a guest library card for a small fee or for free. We encourage you to use these as resources as much as possible.
• Books by mail: In the event that the previous two options are not viable for you, we can mail books to you (5 at a time) from our library. However, you have to pay shipping both ways. You will have 4 weeks with the items and may renew the individual items for 4 weeks if they have not been requested by another patron. Request items from the Circulation Department by phone (919-761-2251) or e-mail.