SEBTS Celebrates Award-Winning Year For Marketing & Communications Office
June 01, 2021
Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary’s (SEBTS) Marketing and Communications team received a record number of awards in the areas of design, photography, and magazine publication. These awards come from both the Baptist Communicator’s Association’s 57th Annual Wilmer C. Fields Awards Competition and the Evangelical Press Association’s Christian Media Convention.
The Baptist Communicators Association is a network of over 250 communications professionals and students working in Baptist colleges, universities, seminaries, and state papers across the country as well as Southern Baptist entities and state conventions. Since 1953, the Baptist Communicators Association has sought to connect Baptist communications professionals, provide opportunities for professional development, and celebrate the excellent work being produced through the annual Wilmer C. Fields Awards Competition.
EPA began in 1948 and is one of the leading professional networks for evangelical publications. As a member-based professional development network, EPA seeks to strengthen writers, designers, photographers, and other communications professionals and provide opportunities to build connections with one another.
SEBTS was awarded a total of nine BCA awards:
- 1st Place in Overall Print Publication Magazine: Office of Marketing and Communications
- 2nd Place in Design Publications Magazine: Office of Marketing and Communications
- 1st Place in Photography- Feature Single: Rebecca Pate, Professors Praying
- 1st Place in Photography- Event Coverage Series: Rebecca Pate, GO Conference 2020
- 1st Place in Photography- Portrait Field: Rebecca Pate, Dr. Braswell
- 1st and 2nd Place in Design- Promotion and Advertising Digital Media: Sharon Chung, Women’s Workshop and Growing in Wisdom
- 3rd Place in Design- Promotion and Advertising Digital Media: Emily Gwyn, Advent
- 2nd Place in Design- Promotion and Advertising Digital Ad: Ryan Thomas, December Promo Ad
SEBTS was awarded a total of three EPA awards:
- Award of Excellence- Higher Ed (Print), The Great Commission Magazine, Office of Marketing and Communications
- 2nd Place in Design- Two-Page Spread, Sharon Chung, About This Issue
- 4th Place in Design- Original Art (Traditional), Emily Gwyn, The Great Commission Magazine
The SEBTS Marketing and Communications team has participated in the Wilmer C. Fields Awards Competition since 2015 and has won a total of 34 other awards in those six years.
“I am so proud of our team and the great work they have done and continue to do,” said Sharon Chung, Director of Marketing and Communications. “It is an honor to serve the Kingdom with such gifted brothers and sisters who are so passionate about doing their best and always working for God’s glory and not their own. The heartbeat of each of our members and our office is in step with the Great Commission and we hope and dream of doing bigger and better things for the fame and praise of Our Lord and King Jesus Christ.” -Sharon Chung, Director of Marketing and Communications
In an effort to promote continually highlight the great work that SEBTS is doing, the Marketing and Communications team seeks to showcase all aspects of campus life in a creative, compelling, and consistent manner. The ultimate vision is for the glory of God and for the advancement of God’s Kingdom. They work tirelessly to promote the special training grounds of Southeastern where God continues to call mission minded men and women to be equipped that they may go!