Charles Edward Lawless, Jr.
The Doctor of Philosophy
The PhD in Pastoral Theology track is for pastor theologians who desire to advance the understanding and practice of theology from a shepherding perspective. This track integrates four sub-disciplines (theology, preaching, counseling, and leadership) in order to prepare students to be pastors who are scholars and scholars who are pastoral in their academic pursuits.
PhD in Context
WHAT CAN I DO WITH THIS DEGREE?
Teach in Higher Education
Serve as a Pastor in a Local Church
Train Pastors and Church Leaders
Serve in Denominational Leadership
What Courses Will I Take?
Below is a sample of the required courses. To see a complete list, view the academic catalog.
- PMN 9700 – Pastoral Theology Seminar
- PMN 9710 – Historical Readings for Pastoral Theology
- THE/WOR 9510 – The Doctrine of the Christian Life
- THE 9750 – Seminar on the Doctrine of the Church
- THE 9943 – Church & Cultural Context