Our graduate certificates are tailor-made for students looking for seminary training in a flexible and easily accessible format. Students in the certificate program have the flexibility to continue serving the church while getting the ministry preparation they need for effective ministry. Our graduate certificates are perfect for anyone looking for an on-ramp into seminary degrees, specialized training in addition to a current degree track, or alumni wanting to take specific courses for more effective ministry.
Graduate Certificate Highlights
- Each 3-Credit Graduate-Level Class is only $300.
- All classes (12 credits) in a Graduate Certificate are eligible to transfer into a Master’s degree.
- All Graduate Certificate classes are offered either on campus, online, or in hybrid formats.
- Graduate certificates allow students to receive high-quality theological education in the same classroom alongside MA and MDiv peers.
Start your graduate certificate today!Apply Now
The Certificate in Biblical Counseling is offered to anyone desiring to obtain basic proficiency in the area of biblical counseling. This program can be done at one’s preferred pace and is to be flexible enough to accommodate the schedule of working students and those with family obligations.
- BCO 5500 – Biblical Counseling
- Three of the following courses:
- BCO 6551 – Counseling Individuals with Problematic Emotions
- BCO 6552 – Counseling Individuals and Families with Addiction and Trauma
- BCO 6560 – Marital and Pre-marital Counseling
- BCO 6570 – Counseling Parents and Children
- BCO 7501 – Counseling Practicum I
The Certificate in Christian Ethics provides students with a theological foundation for Christian ethics. The program offers flexibility in course options, allowing for students to take three electives in the area of Christian ethics. These courses include options such as Ethics of War and Peace, Christian Sexual Ethics, and Created Order and Environmental Ethics
- ETH 5100 – Introduction to Christian Ethics
- 3 Additional Graduate-Level Christian Ethics Electives numbered ETH 6XXX or 7XXX (Total of 9 Credits)
The Certificate in Christian Ministry is intentionally broad in its focus and is the only certificate that allows students to enroll in any core classes at Southeastern. This program of study is perfect for the person who may be on the fence about entering into a graduate-level program or might be unsure which specific graduate degree to pursue.
- A combination of 4 classes (12 Credits total) in any area of study including Biblical, Theological, or Ministry studies.
The Graduate Certificate in Church Revitalization provides students with the foundational tools necessary for assessing church health, creating structures for strategic growth, and handling conflict within the local church. Students will gain practical understanding for church growth for the present as they look to models from the past.
- PMN 6600 – Church Revitalization
- PMN 6601 – Knowing Your Church and Community Practicum
- PMN 6602 – The Leader and Church Revitalization
- CED 6500 – Organizational Change and Conflict Resolution
Great Commission Studies
The Certificate in Great Commission Studies is a 12-hour program of study offered to anyone desiring to obtain basic proficiency in the area of Great Commission Studies. Courses are offered in on-campus, online, and hybrid formats. This program can be done at one’s preferred pace and is designed to be flexible enough to accommodate the schedule of working students and those with family obligations. These graduate-level certificates are offered in conjunction with our SEBTS Ministry Centers.
- MIS 5100 – Christian Missions: Principles and Practice OR MIS 5000 – Introduction to Great Commission Studies.
- 3 Additional MIS or EVA, 6000 or 7000-level electives
Ministry to Women
The Graduate Certificate in Ministry to Women prepares students to teach and disciple women in the local church. Students in the program will gain a biblical foundation for ministry to women and an understanding of God’s unique plan for women to serve the church and fulfill the Great Commission. Students will also gain an introduction to counseling theory and practice in order to better engage in issues such as abuse, trauma, depression, and anxiety among women.
Please contact Dr. Julia Higgins ([email protected]) for questions regarding the Grad Certificate in Ministry to Women.
- CED6260 Biblical Theology of Womanhood (Fall Odd Years, Hybrid)
- CED6300 Bible Exposition for Ministry to Women (Every Fall, Hybrid)
- CED6210 Foundations for Ministry to Women (Spring Odd Years, 7 weeks online/Interactive)
- BCO5501 Counseling Women (Spring Even Years, Interactive Online)
The Certificate in Preaching is a 12-hour program of study offered to anyone desiring to obtain basic proficiency in the area of preaching. Courses are offered in on-campus, online, and hybrid formats. This program can be done at one’s preferred pace and is designed to be flexible enough to accommodate the schedule of working students and those with family obligations. These graduate-level certificates are offered in conjunction with our SEBTS Ministry Centers.
- PRS 6100 – Bible Exposition I: Hermeneutics and Preparation OR CED 6300 – Bible Exposition for Ministry to Women I
- PRS 6500 – Bible Exposition II: Communication and Delivery OR CED 6310 – Bible Exposition for Ministry to Women II
- Two PRS/PMN Electives
The Graduate Certificate in Student Ministry provides students with biblical foundations for student ministry that will equip them to create a Great Commission culture within their student ministries. Students in this program will be trained to think critically about cultural issues and family dynamics facing students and the implications those issues have on student ministry today.
- CED 6810 – Foundations of Student Ministry
- CED 6813 – Missional Student Ministry
- CED 6817 – Ministry Issues in Student Ministry
- PMN 6500 – Pastoral Ministry and Leadership
Teaching English as a Second Language
The Graduate Certificate in Teaching English as a Second Language (TESL) trains students to effectively teach English as a second language in cross-cultural contexts. Students will learn best practices for teaching English as a second language and will gain a foundational understanding in language development for non-English speakers.
- GEN 5510 – Second Language Acquisition
- GEN 5520 – Teaching English Grammar
- GEN 5530 – ESL Teaching Methods
- GEN 5540 – TESL Internship
The Graduate Certificate in Worship Ministry prepares students to lead worship in the local church. Students will learn the theological and biblical foundations for worship both in the classroom and learn to apply worship leadership in a ministry context.
- EVA 6610 – Personal Discipleship and Disciple-making
- PMN 6540 – The Ministry of Worship
- THE 7510 – The Doctrine of Worship
- MUS 7678 – Workshop in Music Ministry