Phase 1 Update for On-Campus Offices
SEBTS Staff | May 08, 2020
This week, North Carolina Governor Roy Cooper announced that Phase 1 of a three-step plan to reopen North Carolina will begin Friday evening at 5:00 p.m.
This week, North Carolina Governor Roy Cooper announced that Phase 1 of a three-step plan to reopen North Carolina will begin Friday evening at 5:00 p.m. As such, Southeastern Seminary is also beginning the process of reopening to the public. Phase 1 will include the modified hours and services listed in this email. Phase 2 will mark a return to normal operating hours. Presently, Governor Cooper’s plan has set May 22nd as the date to mark Phase 2, but this is subject to change. Please know that we are committed to reopening in a way that prioritizes your health and wellbeing. With that in mind, we are currently hard at work making preparations to have students back on campus in the fall, and we can’t wait to have you back. This is a great time to register for on-campus classes for the fall semester. We look forward to having so many of you back with us in Wake Forest!
Many questions you may have that are not included in this email can be answered at Helpdesk at Southeastern. There you can find countless answers to any questions you may have about your student account, the registrar, accounting, financial aid, distance learning, meal plans, and housing.
A number of our offices will resume on-campus services beginning Monday, May 11 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. These offices are listed below with their website and contact information. While it is the case that these offices are available for in-person transactions, we understand that many if not most of you will wish to continue to limit personal contact during this time. Be aware that nearly all of services provided by these offices are still available online or through email. These offices include:
• [email protected]
• Accessible via CampusNet
• [email protected] ( When e-mailing, please include your full name and Student ID number.)
Financial Aid and Student Resources
• [email protected]
• [email protected]
Admissions and Enrollment:
• [email protected] and [email protected]
• [email protected] and (919) 291-1903
The Locker will also be open 9-4 for photocopy, merchandise, and other related needs.
While the Locker will be open during this time, Ledford Center is still closed for normal usage until Phase 2 begins.
IT is open to walk-ins for computer repair. Please first email [email protected] with any needs you may have in that regard. Students can call (919) 761-2277 for all other IT needs.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out at any time.
The Library will be open from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Students will be able to check out books, return books, and study in accordance with social distancing measure. Reference works will operate as closed stacks during this time. Please go to https://library.sebts.edu/COVID-19 to read more about services at the library during Phase 1.
Additionally, The Library at Southeastern wants to help those of you who continue work remotely.
- You can reach the library staff through email, chat, and text (919-338-5418) during our normal hours, or by phone (919-761-2251) from 8-5 Monday through Friday and 10-4 on Saturday.
- Library staff are also available at our Zoom reference desk.
- The Library has significant resources available to you through the search box on our library website, and through our databases. We also have Research Guides designed to help with your research.
- If you have a public library card, you may be able to access even more material for your research. North Carolina residents, for example, can use a public library card to get access to expanded ebooks and databases in NCLive. If you live near Wake Forest and don’t have a public library card, you can register online for a temporary one through Wake County Libraries.
- Library staff are working to scan the material you need within the bounds of copyright. If you need something scanned and emailed to you, follow these instructions in this video or on this page.
- Finally, if you need specific resources and haven’t been able to find them, please contact us and ask for help. We’re happy to work with you to help get what you need.
While it is still the case that our Spring Commencement ceremony is cancelled, we do want to invite you to take part in a special recognition of our graduates this Friday, May 15th at 10:00. We will be livestreaming a special recognition on our facebook page, as well as on our website at sebts.edu/chapel to celebrate and honor all of those who have completed their studies this semester. We hope each of you will join us for this special time of recognition. You can watch a special invitation to this event from Dr. Akin by clicking here.
Finally, please know that we are praying for you during this time. If we can pray for you specifically, let us know at sebts.edu/prayer. Otherwise, if there is anything we can do to serve you, please do not hesitate to let us know.