Graduate Spotlight: A Conversation with David Quinn

Southeastern alum, David Quinn found out about The College at Southeastern when he attended Southeastern’s annual GO Conference on campus. Sensing that the Lord was calling him to prepare for ministry, he returned to campus later that year to attend a tour and meet several professors. Each time he was on campus, Quinn was drawn by the Great Commission vision of the institution.

Quinn enrolled in Southeastern’s five-year Timothy Scholars program in August 2018 and graduated on December 9, 2022, with a Bachelor of Arts and a Master of Divinity in Pastoral Ministry. In the following Q&A, Quinn takes time to share his Southeastern story:

What aspects of studying at Southeastern were particularly formative or encouraging to you?

I love how encouraging Southeastern professors have been in shaping my love for the Church, helping fuel my passion for the Great Commission, and helping me to be a better shepherd. The community that I found in the House System has also been very formative for me as a student.

I love how encouraging Southeastern professors have been in shaping my love for the Church, helping fuel my passion for the Great Commission, and helping me to be a better shepherd.

How did your Southeastern education shape your view of the Great Commission?

Every classroom is a Great Commission classroom, and I mean that. Whether I was in Hebrew class or a counseling class, there was always an emphasis on the Great Commission and an active challenge for me to go out and share the good news of the gospel with a lost and dying world.

Which classes, professors, or memories stand out from your Southeastern education?

My fondest memory was Dr. Benjamin Quinn’s Church History class. We had about ten people in the class and it was a very tight-knit group of students. Dr. Quinn took time out of his busy schedule to meet with us after class — even to meet up for breakfast. He poured into us as students and cared about our education, but more importantly, he was invested in our walk with the Lord.

In what ways have you seen theological education and ministry preparation go hand in hand while a student?

Southeastern has world class professors who teach solid theology while encouraging and helping students apply that theology to the ministry we will be heading into. Theological education and ministry preparation always goes hand in hand at Southeastern in order to fully prepare students for ministry.

Where do you hope to serve now that you have graduated?

I am currently serving the local church during our church-planting phase at Missio Dei Church in Raleigh. My wife and I also currently serve as Apartment Life missionaries in downtown Raleigh.

How can your Southeastern family be praying for you?

You can be praying for Missio Dei Church as we seek to make disciple-making disciples who glorify Jesus in word and deed throughout the nations. You can also be praying for my wife and I as we seek to share the gospel with our neighbors in downtown Raleigh.

Office of Marketing and Communications

[email protected]