Equip Church Partners
Already a participating EQUIP Church or Organization?
Thank you for allowing us to partner with you to train gospel ministry leaders to serve the local church and fulfill the Great Commission. We hope you experience what we believe to be the most robust ministry preparation available for students, blending theological education with real-life ministry. We count it a privilege to be able to partner with you in disciple-making through EQUIP. Your investment in students is paying rich dividends in the Kingdom.
- EQUIP Leaders must submit their desired syllabus and all student registration information 4 weeks before the first day of the semester using the Student Registration Form.
- Note that the form will as you for the student(s) full legal name(s) and SEBTS ID number. Make sure you have that on hand before submitting.
- Please refer to the academic calendar to view semester start and end dates
- Once you have submitted the registration form and the updated syllabus is approved, the EQUIP Offices will manually register students for their respective classes. Please note that students will be charged tuition for the course upon registration. Late fees may be incurred if the student registration lists or syllabi are returned after the due date.A confirmation email will be sent to each individual student making him or her aware of their successful registration and relevant tuition charges.
The EQUIP Network consists of a variety of churches and other ministry organizations who have partnered with Southeastern to provide practical theological training through mentorships. A mentorship is an intentional discipleship relationship between a Field Leader and a student for the purpose of learning from one another as they strengthen the church and fulfill the Great Commission. These mentorships allow students the opportunity to gain up to 36 credit hours while remaining firmly planted in their ministry. EQUIP courses are ideal for training interns, developing staff, strengthening Sunday school teachers or small group leaders, or helping ordinary lay people go deeper in their walks with Christ. EQUIP in no way seeks to replace your current model of discipleship or import yet another program. Instead, we want to work with you, utilizing your gifts and experience to provide the most robust, accessible and contextual learning experience possible.
EQUIP Leaders who meet the necessary education requirements have the opportunity to lead any of the courses below. The EQUIP Office Staff will work with you to develop a working syllabus unique to your church/ministry organization that incorporates necessary components of each course while also utilizing your ministry experience. All EQUIP courses are offered every semester (Spring, Summer, Fall) through two types of courses:
Two Types of Courses
Eligible Field Mentors who possess a ministry-related Master’s degree and have significant ministry experience can lead these courses. Mentored Internship courses enable students to gain practical ministry experience in various areas of ministry under the supervision of a Field Mentor. The mentor and the student work together to develop a ‘personalized’ experience in the ministry organization. Students can earn up to 9 credit hours towards a degree program through Mentored Internships.
- PMN7900/EQC – Mentored Internship
- BCO7900/EQC – Mentored Counseling Internship
These courses require:
- 14 hours of mentorship over a minimum of 12 weeks
- 4 hours of ministry each week
- 12 pages of writing
- 800 pages of reading