Kenneth S. Coley
The Doctor of Education
The Doctor of Education at Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary (SEBTS) is an advanced, terminal research degree. Students in this program design and carry-out their own research study in order to discover more about a particular educational component from a biblical perspective. The end product is a dissertation which makes an original contribution to the student’s field of study. Meeting the highest standards of academic excellence, the dissertation will have value recognizable across denominational, political, and religious lines.
The EdD program provides an atmosphere of rigorous study for men and women called to serve in churches, denominations, schools, colleges, seminaries, universities, and para-church organizations. Our curriculum addresses both the teaching and administrative aspects of educational leadership.
EdD in Context
WHAT CAN YOU DO WITH THIS DEGREE?
Be a Leader or Administrator for a School
Serve in Denominational Leadership
Develop and Publish Curriculum
- Teaching Methods and Techniques
- Critical Thinking and Problem Solving
- Programming and Curriculum Design
- Online Teaching and Learning
- Facilitation of Groups for Team Building
- Quantitative and Qualitative Analytical Skills to Read, Evaluate, and Conduct Research
- Oral and Written Communication
- Reflective Practice