The Christian Counseling PhD is designed for counselors, pastors, and educators who are seeking advanced scholarship and practical competence in biblical counseling. The degree provides advanced study in biblical psychology, is grounded in a commitment to the authority of Scripture, a theological anthropology and is devoted to the development of practical skills in counseling. The student will critically interact with contemporary developments in Christian counseling and selected psychotherapies. A modified residency format allows for students already established in their vocation to pursue the highest level academic degree while remaining in their current context.
PhD in Context
WHAT CAN I DO WITH THIS DEGREE?
Teach in higher education
Counsel members of the body of Christ
Ministry requiring specialized training
Serve in denominational leadership
Below is a sample of the required courses. To see a complete list, view the academic catalog.
- BCO 9600 – Biblical and Theological Foundations for Counseling
- BCO 9610 – Biblical Counseling of Mental Disorders
- BCO 9611 – Biblical Counseling of Mental Disorders II
- BCO 9620 – Analysis and Redemption of Behavioral Methods for Biblical Counseling
- BCO 9630 – Advanced Methods for Counseling Marital and Sexual Issues