Steven P. Wade
The PhD degree at Southeastern is an advanced degree in the area of preaching. The PhD in Preaching is delivered in a modified residency format. Each seminar is delivered over the normal period of other seminars and contains an on-campus experience, as well as, supplemental asynchronous components before and after the on-campus experience.
PhD in Context
WHAT CAN I DO WITH THIS DEGREE?
Teach in an academic setting
Ministry requiring specialized training
Serve in denominational leadership, or lead in pastoral and church related vocations
What Courses Will I Take?
Below is a sample of the required courses. To see a complete list, view the academic catalog.
- PRS 9650 – The Theology of Preaching
- PRS 9800 – The Preaching Tradition
- PHD 9501 – Mentor Directed Studies I
- PRS 9900 – Current Trends in Preaching
- PHD 9502 – Mentor Directed Studies II