Daniel L. Akin
The Master of Arts in Christian Studies degree program exists to equip believers with a biblical and theological foundation for ministry. This degree can be done completely online and will provide introductory graduate-level courses in theology, Bible exposition, Christian ethics, and more. Learn from professors who know God’s Word, love his Church, and want to equip you to apply it wherever you go. Students who graduate with this degree will gain practical and biblical foundations for life and ministry.
MA in Context
What can I do with this degree?
Teach Christian studies in a Christian educational context
Write for Christian literary publications
Work in the non-profit sector
Pursue a Ph.D. in an effort to become a professor
What courses will I take?
Below is a sample of the required courses. To see a complete list, view the academic catalog.
- OTS 5110 – Old Testament Introduction and Interpretation I: Pentateuch and Former Prophets
- OTS 5120 – Old Testament Introduction and Interpretation II: Latter Prophets and Writings
- NTS 5110 – New Testament Introduction and Interpretation I: Jesus and the Gospels
- NTS 5120 – New Testament Introduction and Interpretation II: Acts, Epistles, and Revelation
- PRS 6100 – Bible Exposition I: Hermeneutics and Preparation