MDiv with Missiology students must complete 70 hours of core studies (with the possibility of substitution of 6 hours of credit in a field language for one of the biblical languages) and 15 hours in the area of missiology.
Options for the Program:
Ministry in Context
WHAT CAN I DO WITH THIS DEGREE?
Become a missionary with the IMB or NAMB or other missions entity
Develop competencies to serve as effective missions leaders in all contexts
Equip a local body of believers to be missions-minded
Lead missions teams as member of a non-profit in a variety of settings
Below is a sample of the required courses. To see a complete list, view the academic catalog.
- MIS 6520 – Anthropology for Cross-cultural Understanding
- MIS 6700 – A Theology of Christian World Mission
- MIS 6770 – The Christian Faith and World Religions
- MIS 6800 – History of Christian Missions
- MIS 7870 – Studies in Contextualization Theory