Daniel L. Akin
The PhD degree at Southeastern is an advanced research degree in the area of Christian Leadership. The PhD in Christian Leadership is delivered in a modified residency format. Each seminar is delivered over the normal period of other seminars and contains an on-campus experience as well as supplemental asynchronous components before and after the on-campus experience.
PhD in Context
WHAT CAN I DO WITH THIS DEGREE?
Teach in Higher Education
Do Academic Research
Lead in a Local Church or Nonprofit Organization
Serve in Denominational Leadership
What Courses Will I Take?
Below is a sample of the required courses. To see a complete list, view the academic catalog.
- LED 9320 – Biblical Foundations for Leadership
- LED 9380 – Leadership Development
- LED 9340 – Qualitative & Quantitative Methods in Data Analysis
- LED 9335 – Leadership, Management & Organizational Theory
- LED 9385 – Change Leadership